Sunday, March 6, 2016

Gallery One collage show

Saffran  2016  She Was Fun at Parties  photo-collage sewn with thread  22" x 19"  

She Was Fun at Parties was selected by juror Deborah Faye Lawrence for inclusion in Cut It Out a show of collage work at Gallery One Visual Arts Center in Ellensburg Washington.  The opening reception was Friday March 4 and the show will run through March 26.  Although I will not be able to see the show in person I did see images of all the selected collages.  Cut It Out is a very strong collection of unique and stimulating work of which I am honored and proud to be included.  

She Was Fun at Parties is from a newly developing body of work centered on the year 1969 and how my personal development and relationship with my  mother was influenced by the social and political climate of that time period.   More to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment