Tuesday, March 31, 2015

small works salon 2015 + image and text

Maud Morgan - Chandler Gallery - Boston


Three of my pieces are part of the Image and Text show in the Chandler Gallery at Maud Morgan Visual Arts Center in Boston.  The opening reception will be Sunday April 12,  3 to 5 pm and the show will run April 10 - May 15.

Made from the apron project scraps, found text and thread, my images were selected for inclusion by Boston artist, Maria Magdalena Campos-Pons.  I have been a long time admirer of Campos-Pons work and feel honored to have been selected by her. In point of fact she was the reason I applied to the call in the first place. 

Campos-Pons use of autobiographic material and gift for visual story telling inspire me.  Her art points the viewer towards thoughts on identity and how it is shaped by individual as well as collective culture.  I also believe we may share an interest in the persistence of memory and how it defines us. 


Michelle Saffran  2013  "Gardening Without Soil"  8" x 11"  mixed media collage  $230 one of a kind


Michelle Saffran  2013  "Heavy Pressure"  8" x 11"  mixed media collage  $230
one of a kind

Michelle Saffran  2013  "Deep Down"  8" x 11"  mixed media collage  $230
one of a kind



1 comment:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete