Friday, April 16, 2010

and the winner is . . .



I didn't have to carry my camera everywhere I went today.

I didn't have to come home and download, upload, edit and post a photograph.




It was a sad day, but also exciting. Who would the winner be?

All of your names were taken out of the basket, put in a paper bag, shook up once, twice, three times for good measure. Bruce closed his eyes and pulled out a name. And the winner is - Stephanie, my compatriot in art and junk from Minnesota! Hooray for Stephanie!

Thank you to everyone who followed along these last 32 days. I had a blast reading your comments.

In a sense this project took place in "real time" which required me to shoot daily and post an image quickly. I didn't have my usual luxury of shooting and reshooting until I got it right. I had to go with what I had. This immediacy in creating and your responsive reaction to the images taught me unexpected things. One question I want to ask you is - How was it for you not getting a response to your comment? I struggled with whether or not to address your comment and whether or not to write anything about each picture.

I plan to keep the momentum going by posting at least three photographs per week. I will post them each Monday so that you will know when to check the blog . I hope you will continue with your insightful observations and comments about the pictures. I don't want to create art in a vacuum. I want my photographs "out in the world" and I want to be accountable to all of you as well as others who come to follow my work.

Thank you again for supporting me and keeping me true to my artist self.

No comments:

Post a Comment